Brian has been in practice helping individuals and institutions protect and grow their wealth since 1983. He became a licensed investment advisor at the age of 19 while pursuing a bachelor’s degree in economics from the College of Business at Saint John’s University in New York. Upon graduating, Brian spent much of the next 25 years in senior financial advisory positions at Fortune 500 companies such as Lehman Brothers, Paine Webber and Merrill Lynch.
After the financial crisis forced the merger of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America in 2010, Brian decided that it was in the best interest of his clients to open a private practice in partnership with several boutique investment advisory firms that offered a more stable and personalized experience to his clients. Today, Brian serves as the Founder/Senior Retirement Strategist for Clearwealth Asset Management Inc., a retirement planning and asset management firm that he founded in 2010. Brian’s vast experience and seasoned perspective allows him to help his clients develop a simple yet effective financial plan geared towards sustainable retirement income, tax protection and family wealth transfer. As a student of history and math, Brian provides “outside-the-box” thinking to help his clients gain an edge over the popular mainstream financial advice of our time.
In addition to his investment practice, Brian serves as an instructor for the National Society of Financial Educators and teaches retirement planning seminars at major universities around San Diego.
In his personal life Brian is an accomplished pianist, an avid horseman, a former pro-am polo player and a motorcycle enthusiast. He has donated hundreds of hours of his time to helping children and adults with disabilities and has been a patron of the arts through his contributions to San Diego’s chamber orchestra and the San Diego Ballet. He is also a supporter of the Warrior Foundation helping assist, honor and support those who have served and sacrificed for our country.
His other professional accomplishments and experience includes:
- Board Member, Capital Campaign Committee, Torrey Hills YMCA (2002-2006)
- Chair of Capital Campaign Committee, Helen Woodward Animal Center, $50 million renovation project (2006-2008)
- Master Coach and Consultant, Trust-Based Selling, Unlock the Game (2008-2012)
- Guest Economic Instructor, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, San Diego, CA (2011-2012)
- Contributor, Your Family Matters with Dr. Keith Kanner, WS Radio.com, (March 6, 2013)
- Contributor, “Facebook IPO,” 10News – ABC San Diego KGTV (May 2012)
- Contributor, “Stock Market Caution,” NBC 7 San Diego News at 6 (March 29, 2013)
- Contributor and featured guest, Business Leader Radio hosted by Wade Taylor, WSRadio.com (2013)
- Planning Board Member, Torrey Hills Community Planning Board (2015-present)
- Instructor, The National Society of Financial Educators (2015-present)